onsdag 16. mai 2012

Bugs and butterflies

A Sweet Landing, darling child photo, from Ms Alis Emporium on Etsy.
Little children are curious and interested in all living creatures. My experience is that they love to explore nature and to hold or touch tiny insects. When my daughter was smaller, I had to bite my tongue not to say: "Don't touch!" "Keep away from it!" "Be careful!"
It's so easy to transfer your own fears to the children.

Spring photo Bumble bee, by Sunshine Art design on Etsy.

I have designed a t-shirt print specially for the curious little children. The shirt has small bugs and butterflies to talk about and to touch.
If you are not a small child, but still want insects on your chest, please contact me and I can work something out. I have had requests from a couple of ladies who want a woman's tee with this print, so don't be shy. -You are not the only one.

Lucanus Cervus Print - Stag Beetle Photography, by Kralush design on Etsy.

T-shirt with small creatures by Strand on Epla.
The quote: "Alt levende hører sammen" is from a book by Maria Gripe; "Tordivelen flyr i skumringen" -which also is made into a radio play, and happens to be my favorite radio play and something I need to listen to every summer.
Personally, I love to hold slow worms or frogs when I find them on my walks in the woods.
-But I'm not that fond of beetles. -Love to look at them, though. But my daughter usually lifts the bugs. As long as it isn't spiders.
Do you have any favorite critters you like to hold?

3 kommentarer:

  1. Veldig fin! Jeg gleder meg til jeg blir bestemor! Da kan det hende jeg kjøper et og annet, ja. Ellers lærte mamma meg at mus er livsfarlige, det er ikke enkelt å få det avlært. Men jeg lærte mine barn at det var tåpelig av meg å tro det, så heldigvis, det hadde ikke blitt en genetisk overførbar fobi ennå!

    SvarSlett
  2. Jeg er rimelig redd inekter, men min mann "leker" gjerne med dem. Ute i hagen og studerer, fanget dem når han var liten og slapp dem ut på rommet sitt... Uff... Lillegutt viser tegn til samme interessen som min mann. Nei og nei :) Nydelig T-skjorte!

    SvarSlett