1. They are the most romantic flowers! (Don't you think so too?)
2. Peonies are perennials. That means that they die down each autumn and grows from scratch in spring. And that again, means no problems with twigs breaking because of the snow in winter.
3. The fragrance is spellbinding!
4.You can plant strawberries underneath and make full use of the space. Remember, ordinary strawberries are sprayed with pesticides at least eleven times during the season and homegrown tastes best.
5. Peonies are much more attractive than the usual Thuja hedging.
6. The foliage is beautiful too.
When the flowering is over, cut off the flower heads and enjoy the dark, shiny foliage.
7. They are very easy to maintain and will usually live for 50 years or more.